chiswick_temp: (psychic paper)
[personal profile] chiswick_temp
D'you know what I think? I think the greatest geniuses never realize just how brilliant they are.

Except for you, of course, Doctor.

And for anyone wondering, 1926 was a flipping brilliant year for parties.




Oh, and one more thing: I'm the plucky girl who helps him out? I'm the plucky girl who helps him out?

I don't think so, spaceman.

Date: 2009-05-18 02:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] come-by-shep.livejournal.com
1926? Awesome. First flight over the North Pole was that year.

Date: 2009-05-18 11:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chiswick-temp.livejournal.com
Was it really? Well, we didn't take any arctic flights, but we did meet Agatha Christie, and honestly, I think that's much better.

Date: 2009-05-19 07:54 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] come-by-shep.livejournal.com
You actually met her? That's...incredibly cool.

Date: 2009-05-18 06:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lovesnibbles.livejournal.com
What should I have said? "This is my companion-not-wife-who-travels-with-me-and-keeps-me-grounded-but-not-in-that-way?"

Plucky girl sums it up just fine for that time period.

Date: 2009-05-18 11:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chiswick-temp.livejournal.com
There must be a better way of saying that. For any time period.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:04 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lovesnibbles.livejournal.com
I thought "plucky girl" was pretty good.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chiswick-temp.livejournal.com
Nothing at all. It's just very you to think 'plucky girl who helps me out' is a compliment.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lovesnibbles.livejournal.com
Not a compliment, just an explanation.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chiswick-temp.livejournal.com
All right, then it's very you to think that's not a slight.

I'm not your bloody assistant, you know.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:19 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lovesnibbles.livejournal.com
Should I ask what brought this on or just bring you some Saturlian chocolate and get out of your way?

Date: 2009-05-19 12:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chiswick-temp.livejournal.com
Nothing brought this on, and I'm not upset. I'm just...clarifying things. For future reference.

But you're welcome to bring me some of that chocolate any time you want.

Date: 2009-05-19 12:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lovesnibbles.livejournal.com
Yes, ma'am.

Profile

chiswick_temp: (Default)
chiswick_temp

February 2023

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
121314 15161718
19202122232425
262728    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 12:28 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios